Do you know what you need to do to stand out and get noticed online? Most solopreneurs don’t have the time it takes to spend on an effective marketing plan even though this is crucial to success.
Shannon Kinney is the founder of Dream Local Digital. She is a marketing expert and a thought leader in the online space. Shannon is here to teach us 3 steps to develop a marketing program that will set our businesses up for success.
Listen in to learn from Shannon’s professional experience guiding solopreneurs like you through the ever-changing world of online marketing.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- Shannon’s story [1:22]
- How online marketing has changed over the years [3:57]
- How to stand out online [5:30]
- Creating a successful 3 step marketing plan [7:35]
- An example of a successful offer [13:46]
- How marketing was affected by the pandemic [17:16]
- The money questions [21:27]
- How to get in touch with Shannon [30:04]
What Shannon does at Dream Local Digital
Shannon started Dream Local Digital back in 2009 when online marketing was relatively new and uncomplicated. All you needed to succeed back then was an online presence. If your business had a website and a business Facebook page you were set up for success. Nowadays the online marketing realm is much more complicated. It seems like every time you turn around the algorithms and social media trends are changing.
How to stand out online
To stand out online, you have to learn how to tell your story and get your message in front of the right people. This could happen in many different ways: through SEO, websites, email, or social media. It all depends on who you are marketing to and what your message is. Navigating this ever-changing landscape can be especially hard for solopreneurs that do everything on their own. Solopreneurs don’t have an extra 5-8 hours a week to spend on marketing. They need to work on their business instead.
3 steps for success in the online marketing world
- Have an online presence and a plan. Creating an online presence doesn’t simply mean posting on Facebook each morning. Consider which social media platforms are right for your business and align your profiles with your website, email, business cards, and signage. Across the board, both digital and in person, everything should look the same and be recognizable as your business.
- Who is your customer and what are you marketing? Consider your goals. Are you trying to bring brand awareness, grow your business, find leads, or get downloads? What are you trying to accomplish? To be successful at online marketing you need to know who your ideal customer avatar is. Who are you marketing to? Narrow this down as much as you possibly can. Make sure that you are speaking their language, not yours. How do they define their problems and solutions? What social channels are they on? What do you have to offer them?
- Create your hook, story, and offer. Tell your story in a way that reels in your client avatar and conveys your solution in a way that makes them want to take advantage of your offer. How can you make their lives easier?
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about online marketing with expert online marketer Shannon Kinney.
Connect with Shannon Kinney
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Subscribe to Solopreneur Money
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK