‘Woo’ is a practice that is considered overly mystical, supernatural, or unscientific which is why many of us are a bit wary of bringing the woo into our daily lives–much less into our workplace. Despite the fact that most woo practices are unexplainable, people are often curious about how they work.
Ellen Rogin has a deep history of using a bit of ‘woo’ to help her clients create abundance and prosperity. This may not seem like a typical claim from a CPA and CFP, but it’s one that Ellen has embraced since growing out of her traditional role as a financial advisor. Ellen is now an Abundance Activist and has made it her life’s work to educate and guide people to grow their prosperity and to use it as a force for good in their lives and in the world.
Listen to this episode to hear how you can use a bit of woo work for you too.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- Ellen’s story [1:22]
- What Ellen is doing today [5:06]
- How to bring the woo to work and make it work [8:42]
- The difference between a traditional vision board and a prosperity picture [13:45]
- Learn to respond rather than react [16:50]
- Notice how your thoughts affect your life [22:54]
- Generosity precedes prosperity [26:43]
- The money questions [30:54]
Ellen Rogin sees money as a force for good in the world
Ellen Rogin is both a CPA and CFP that has focused her career on helping to guide people’s thoughts about money. She has always been fascinated by the way people think about their money and how that thinking has impacted their decisions surrounding money.
This fascination led her to become a student of what makes people successful with money. She learned that taking smart actions combined with having the right money mindset was where the magic happens.
Her money mindset studies led her to begin speaking publicly to a broader audience so that she could amplify her impact. Ellen also does public speaking geared toward financial advisors and uses her wisdom and intuition to teach advisors how to grow their businesses in non-traditional ways.
Ellen has since moved on from her role as a traditional financial advisor. She now educates and guides people on how to grow their prosperity to use it as a force for good in their lives and in the world. Ellen uses the power of visualization and mindset to teach her clients how to realize their prosperity and shift the way they view money.
4 ways to make the woo work for you
- Create a prosperity picture. Many people create and use a vision board to help them focus on their goals. A vision board is a creative visual representation that is designed to keep images in front of you and drives you to work toward them. Ellen takes the traditional vision board one step further and creates a prosperity picture. Listen in to hear how she walks her clients through the process of creating a prosperity picture.
- Practice meditation. The next ‘woo’ practice that Ellen recommends is a regular meditation practice. She attributes her meditation practice to helping her business more than anything else that she has done. A daily meditation practice helps people learn how to pause and respond rather than simply react.
- Notice how your thoughts affect your life. We often get caught up in our thoughts. We let them run away from us without thinking critically about whether they are actually helping our lives. Check your thoughts are they focusing on abundance or scarcity? Abundance thinking affirms that there is more than enough to go around and allows for collaboration and generosity.
- Talk to your money. Lastly, Ellen teaches her clients to talk to money. Listen in to hear how you can learn to talk to money and focus on what it is trying to tell you.
Connect with Ellen Rogin
- EllenRogin.com – get your free gift!
- Ellen on Twitter @ellenrogin
- Ellen on Facebook
- Ellen on LinkedIn
- Ellen on Instagram
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Subscribe to Solopreneur Money
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK