As you move into starting your own business it is important to have concrete foundations so that you can be successful.
My guest today is Tarryn Reeves, “The Book Queen” and CEO of Four Eagles Publishing. She has learned many lessons in her bumpy journey as an entrepreneur. In this episode, she’ll teach you 5 foundational keys to starting your solopreneur business.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- Tarryn’s story [1:20]
- How Tarryn rebuilt her business 4 times [26:30]
- Start with a model [33:49]
- The money questions [40:44]
Tarryn’s untraditional childhood shaped who she is today
Tarryn Reeves comes from an untraditional background. She grew up in a farming family in Zimbabwe, but political instability forced her and her family to flee to Australia when she was a teen.
This traumatic event later brought on PTSD, depression, and anxiety. After seeking professional help and some time of introspection, Tarryn realized that she was living a life that wasn’t true to herself. This realization led her to leave her career and strike out on her own.
How Tarryn built Four Eagles Publishing
As a self-professed nerd, Tarryn taught herself coding, systems, and other skills needed to create a successful virtual assistant business. To move forward to achieve her goals, Tarryn had to learn to pivot to scale her business which led her to create the thriving publishing company that she has today.
Tarryn now works with high-level entrepreneurs to create best-selling books to grow their businesses and create an impact. Four Eagles Publishing is the publishing house of choice for conscious disruptors, visionaries, and leaders.
5 Foundations for success
As Tarryn built, pivoted, and rebuilt her business, she learned several lessons along the way. These lessons can help you ensure that your budding business is a success.
- Plan ahead. Think about your end result. Why are you looking to start your business? What are you looking to achieve 5, 10, or 20 years down the line?
- Start with why. Why are you doing this? What do you hope to achieve?
- Decide on a model for your business. You need to build on solid foundations at each stage of your business. You can change things up as you grow, but you have to have a starting point. Consider what you want to be your end result and buildup your business to that achieve that result. Create a long-term plan and then decide how you will get there.
- Understand finances. Whether you are starting from zero or if you know bit already, learn what you don’t know about finances. If finances aren’t your thing, you still need to know the bare minimum as an entrepreneur. Make the effort to understand so that you can make informed decisions about your business. Reach out to a professional for help. It is important to recognize your weaknesses and seek help and growth in those areas.
- Build your team right. Think about who you want to work with. Do they hold your values and your vision? Clearly communicate and articulate your vision for your business and the scope of their job. Learn how to lead, communicate, and inspire others so that you can find a team that is almost as passionate about your business as you are.
Check Tarryn out on your favorite social media outlet. You can find all her handles at TarrynReeves.com. If you are interested in creating a book to grow your business and create an impact, check out her private Facebook group The Business Book Accelerator.
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Tarryn Reeves
- Tarryn on Instagram
- Tarryn on Facebook
- Tarryn on LinkedIn
- Tarryn on YouTube
- Tarryn on TikTok
- Join Tarryn’s Facebook group – The Business Book Accelerator
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK