Are you having any fun in your work life? Creating space for play in your daily routine can elevate your work experience.
Kendall Wallace knows a thing or two about play. She creates authentic travel adventure retreats for solopreneurs. Her work is designing play for others.
Join me for this fun-filled interview with Kendall. Learn how to add fun to your life by turning the mundane into an adventure.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- What Kendall does now [1:22]
- Kendall’s favorite place and scariest experience [7:21]
- How to insert play into the daily grind [12:58]
- The money questions [22:30]
- How to connect with Kendall [28:55]
How Kendall began Authentic Travel Adventures
Kendall Wallace is the founder and lead facilitator of Authentic Travel Adventures. She leads bucket-list adventure retreats that help people find themselves again through play. Her clients connect with nature in their mind, body, and soul.
After graduating from the University of Virginia in 2009, Kendall jumped right into the work world. However, once she began working, she first heard of people taking gap years. This idea intrigued her and so she began saving for her own gap year. Her 18-month adventure took her all around the world and completely changed her mindset. When she returned to the United States she began working at Facebook.
Kendall began her solopreneur journey after a career at Facebook. Now Kendall designs retreats for entrepreneurs to help them be more productive and proactive by creating connection through play. Kendall’s mission is to have people live life to the fullest, uncovering that which holds them back or gets in the way so that they can have more joy and connection in their lives.
Boosting your dopamine can bring joy into your daily routine
Now that Kendall creates such joyous experiences for people she finds playful, natural ways to boost dopamine and serotonin. The first way is to celebrate your wins–however small. By taking time to celebrate what you’ve accomplished you’ll insert joy into your daily routine. Listen in to hear how Kendall does this at her retreats.
Music is another way to add happiness to your life. Certain songs create nostalgia and promote connection with others. Lastly, add physicality to your daily routine. Get up and move around. We don’t play in the same way that we did when we were children and it shows. Adding physical, daily play gets your body moving and can get you unstuck. Listen to discover inspiring ideas to add physical play that you can incorporate into your daily work life.
Resources & People Mentioned
- BOOK – Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- BOOK – Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
- BOOK – Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
Connect with Kendall Wallace
- Authentic Travel Adventures
- Kendall’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATA on Instagram: @authentictraveladventures
- Kendall on Instagram @kendallwallace123
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK