Do you realize that you have giant potential but aren’t quite sure how to unlock it? Nicholas Townsend Smith is a performance coach and author of the book, The Giants and the Smalls and cofounder of the Wake Up With Giants program. He joins me on this episode of Solopreneur Money to teach us how we can all live a giant life.
Nick helps individuals see the gaps in their performance and create a clear path to change. By helping leaders and individuals navigate twelve journeys, he has taught them to unlock unlimited growth to live a Giant life.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- How Nicholas got started with the life he lives today [1:22]
- How the book is written [10:26]
- Journey of unconsciousness [13:43]
- How depression can increase your awareness [17:56]
- Trust your vision [26:32]
- Collaboration increases our capacity [30:25]
- Abundance feeling good and giving back [35:36]
- The money questions [40:24]
How Nick created the Giants and the Smalls
In 2008, Nick Townsend was rocked by the effects of the financial crisis. He reached his low point when he had to survive by relying on food banks to feed his family. As he worked through this ordeal he met and had a conversation with Steve Hardison that changed his life.
From that one conversation, he became inspired so much that he created a story that he told his kids. The story was so impactful he knew that he had to write it down. Little by little, as Nick worked to change his own life, he was able to bring his story to life. Nick found the perfect illustrator who worked with him to turn The Giants and the Smalls into a world-class book that everyone can learn from and enjoy.
Nick’s teachings help people discover how to live a giant life
Nick now helps individuals recognize and rewrite the stories that keep them playing small in many facets of life. He teaches how navigating twelve journeys can unlock potential and change lives. The secret to this life change is to develop a mindset that creates a deeply fulfilling and extraordinarily successful life.
The 12 step journey that helps people live a giant life
We often start our journey in a state of unconsciousness. We are zoned out and living on automatic pilot. Once we awaken from that state we become aware that we need to bring about change in our lives.
From that awareness, we must build acceptance that we aren’t living the life that we want to live. Recognizing that we must change, we often feel grief for what we are leaving behind. Through this loss, we can look around at our lives and hold gratitude for what we have and the journey we are on.
Next, the journey becomes challenging as we dive into the realm of uncertainty. This can be a scary stage; however, when nothing is certain, anything becomes possible. To reach our dreams we have to have a clear vision of what we want.
Listen in to hear how you can start your journey to reach your fullest potential. Nick is passionate about helping others unlock their vision to help them see it through and live a giant life. He has amazing tips, that you can use so that you can create a vision and live a life filled with purpose and meaning.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Steve Hardison
- BOOK – Who Moved My Cheese? By Spencer Johnson
- BOOK – The Ultimate Coach by Alan Thompson and Amy Hardison
- BOOK – The Happy Pocketful of Money by David Cameron Gikandi
- BOOK – The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- BOOK – Man’s Search for Meaning Victor Frankl
- BOOK – Yes to Life by Victor Frankl
- BOOK – Dare by Barry McDonagh
Connect with Nicholas Smith
- BOOK – The Giants and the Smalls by Nicholas Smith
- The Giants and the Smalls on YouTube
- Tribe of Giants on Facebook
- Wake Up with Giants TV on Facebook
- The Giants and the Smalls on LinkedIn
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK