In business, you have to be a good listener to hear what your clients are saying to you, but you also have to be a good storyteller. Adele Fedorak is not just a storyteller: she is a story master, a story whisperer. Adele helps people share their purpose and vision through storytelling.
You won’t want to miss the way she takes my simple story about the Sioux Falls City Football Club and builds it out to make it something really worth listening to! Press play to learn how to make your story come to life.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- Adele’s story [1:32]
- How she went from life coaching to story coaching [3:29]
- How Gabe felt when he created the Sioux Falls Football Club [12:10]
- Adele’s version of my story [15:14]
- Take the story that you’re in and see it as a story [22:20]
- The money questions [23:52]
How Adele became a master storyteller
Adele has spent her entire career helping people with language. As a speech and language pathologist, she spent 25 years getting people to verbalize their thoughts. Afterward, she became a coach but discovered that she was a lousy storyteller. This realization gave her an interest in the subject, so she resolved to work at this area until she mastered it.
Now Adele uses her language and coaching background to help business owners discover and tell their own stories.
Good storytellers connect with their listeners
To be a good storyteller you have to be a good listener. Before you can even begin to tell your story, learn how to listen to others tell theirs.
People often think of the hero’s journey when they think of storytelling. However, there is more to storytelling than simply the hero’s journey. Stories evoke transformation. Good storytellers find ways to connect with others.
4 steps to creating a powerful story.
- Dig into the moment. Share why it is important to you.
- Think about what people need to know to understand why that moment is important.
- Reflect on what has happened since that moment that makes the story important.
- Put it all together and tell your story.
Adele demonstrates these four steps with a story that I have told before. Listen in to hear how she does it. When you’re done, check out Adele’s free guide to storytelling so that you can improve your stories.
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Adele Fedorak
- Don’t miss out on Adele’s FREE guide to storytelling!
- Adele LinkedIn
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Subscribe to Solopreneur Money
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK