Serena Dodd is on a mission to help business owners unlock their full potential by cultivating a strong, resilient mindset.
Serena understands the challenges of trying to navigate the ever-changing landscape of business while also trying to maintain a healthy work-life balance. For years, she struggled to find the right balance between pushing herself to achieve success and taking care of her mental and emotional well-being. It wasn’t until she discovered the power of mental fitness that everything changed.
Today Serena will be talking with us about liberation from isolation for solopreneurs. You won’t want to miss this episode if you have been feeling the solo in solopreneur.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- Serena’s story [1:22]
- Allowed herself the space [18:14]
- Liberation from isolation [19:54]
- How to work on it [23:56]
- The money questions [38:30]
Serena needed a wake-up call to change her life
Serena Dodd learned early in her career that she was good at organizing. She was wildly ambitious and had the hustle to back it up. She grew quickly in her role as a project manager in a short amount of time. Even though she moved quickly up the rungs of the career ladder in a short amount of time, she felt empty. However, it wasn’t until her body shut down that she gave herself the space to make a change. Listen in to learn how her body told her that something was wrong.
Thankfully, she listened to her body and made a change. She gave herself three months to simply breathe. After listening to a podcast, she decided to become a life coach. It took her a year to learn, but during that time she put herself out there and maintained a growth mindset. While building her business network she made friends even though she didn’t think it was possible to do so as an adult.
Solopreneurs don’t have to be alone
Isolation is a common struggle for solopreneurs–they wouldn’t call it s solopreneur if you weren’t alone. However, solopreneurs don’t have to suffer from isolation. There are ways to manage the loneliness. Serena has three steps to help you break free from that isolating feeling.
- Get out of your head. The first step is to acknowledge your feelings of isolation. Understand your mindset. What are you feeling? What are you tapping into?
- Networking can help you find your tribe. Networking in the right environment can help you find people heading in the same direction. Once you do try to find your tribe they can spur you into action. Learn how you can help lift each other up.
- Get back to your why. What was the reason that you became a solopreneur? What is your passion? Your why may have changed over time–what is it now? Why do you do what you do?
Serena’s goal is to share her knowledge and experience by joining forces with qualified specialists from a wide array of practices to help others achieve levels of success and fulfillment beyond their wildest dreams. Listen in to hear how you can liberate yourself from isolation and improve your life and business!
Resources & People Mentioned
- Episode 10 – Create a Morning Formula to Supercharge Your Life with Buddy Rathmell
Connect with Serena Dodd
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK