One essential piece to marketing your business is content marketing. But do you even know what that is or how to do it? I know I don’t! That’s why I’ve invited an expert to help me learn what this all means.
Rai Hyde Cornell is the founder of Cornell Content Marketing, a digital marketing agency that harnesses the power of psychology, emotional connection, and relationship building to help businesses build long-term relationships with customers.
Rai is the perfect person to explain how content marketing works and she’s even going to share 5 tips to help you improve your content marketing strategy.
If you have any confusion or struggles with content marketing in your business you won’t want to miss this informative episode with Rai Hyde Cornell.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- Rai’s path to entrepreneurship [2:22]
- Where to get ideas for connecting with clients [10:55]
- How long it took for Rai to get bigger clients [13:24]
- Connecting with clients [19:24]
- Creating an SEO checklist [23:16]
- Writing with mobile readability in mind [29:38]
- Not reinventing the wheel [34:28]
- Calls to action [38:22]
- The money questions [45:20]
How Rai’s side gig in college ended up becoming her business
Rai Hyde Cornell worked her way through college by developing websites and writing content. Those side hustles were able to put her through undergrad and grad school. After finally earning her degrees and getting out into the workforce, she quickly realized that she wasn’t happy doing what she worked so long and hard for.
After burning out as a mental health professional in mental health institutions, Rai realized she needed to switch gears right away. The best way for her to do that was to jump back into the world of writing, but the $25 blog posts that she wrote in college wouldn’t cut it in her life post-graduation. Listen in to learn how she quickly pivoted to attract clientele with deeper pockets.
5 tips for content marketing success
Content marketing seems so confusing. There’s so much to remember, you could spend countless hours creating social media posts, blog posts, email sequences, and so much more.
But as a solopreneur, you don’t have countless hours to spend on these things. The time you do have should be well spent and have maximum impact on your bottom line. With these 5 tips, you’ll be able to make sure that you are getting the most out of your time.
- You’re going about content marketing all wrong! You are probably like many solopreneurs when content marketing. Your content ideas are based on what you find interesting, what you like to write about, or what you think is funny. The thing is: you’re not writing for yourself. You are writing for your target audience so you need to write what they want to read. To learn what they want to read you need to do a bit of research to discover what their interests are, what they have questions about, and what they find funny. This is how you connect with your audience.
- SEO doesn’t have to be a huge barrier. Create an SEO checklist that you can use for each piece of content that you write. You want to be intentional about the content you create to ensure you are spending your time wisely. If you don’t want to create your own checklist you can use Rai’s checklist instead.
- Write with mobile readability in mind. Most people read everything on their phones nowadays so your paragraphs should be short and sweet. You don’t want them to look like ancient tomes. Keep paragraphs to 3 or 4 lines to make them more readable.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Repurpose your content. Repurposing content for multiple forms of media is a great way to save time and reach a wider audience. You can take a podcast and turn it into a blog post, YouTube video, tweet, Facebook post, and so much more.
- Use calls to action. If you are like many of us, you may shy away from salesy language. The good news is: a call to action isn’t salesy, it is simply a way to encourage your audience to take the next step.
Share this episode with a friend!
You’ve got to hear Rai expand upon these 5 tips. She explained SEO in a way that even I could understand!
Now it’s my turn to heed her advice. Here’s my call to action–share this episode with a solopreneur friend. And while you’re there, rate it 5 stars so that others can find this fantastic information easily.
Connect with Rai Cornell
- Rai Cornell on LinkedIn
- Cornell Content Marketing on Instagram
- Cornell Content Marketing on Facebook
- Cornell Content Marketing Website
- Get your FREE content marketing checklist
- Check out this FREE Self-Assessment for Freelance Writers
- Chiron Community
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://solopreneur21.wpengine.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Subscribe to Solopreneur Money
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK