Do you feel like there’s something more out there? Maybe you have a great life and a great job, but you have a nagging feeling that there is more out there for you. You may not know what it is you want but you know it’s something different.
Lon Stroschein had a job that others would love to have and they offered him more. But instead of taking it, he walked away. As he did so he learned 4 steps to take to shift from the life he had to the life he wanted. Listen in to hear how Lon walked away from more money than he had ever made before to pursue a more fulfilling life.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- Lon’s story [1:22]
- Asking what’s more [6:36]
- Don’t forget how to dream [12:49]
- What prevents you from moving forward [22:55]
- The money questions [26:41]
How Lon got to where he is today
Lon Stroschein grew up on a farm and was expected to be a farmer too. However, after college, he was offered a job to work for a senator, so he changed his trajectory. After working six years for that senator he worked another six for a bank.
That’s when he moved on to work for Raven, an ag tech company in South Dakota. When the company merged with another he was on the mergers and acquisitions team to ensure a smooth transition. Although he expected to be made redundant when the merger finished, they actually offered him an even better job making even more money. He knew he should take it. There were thousands of people that would love to have that position. However, something inside him said no.
4 steps to moving from the life you have to the life you want
When he decided to make the change, he wasn’t sure what he was changing. He had a great job and great pay but he found himself asking, is this it? He wasn’t sure what the obvious next step was, but he understood that he needed to figure it out.
Slowly, over time he discovered and worked through these 4 steps for shifting from the life he had to a life he really wanted.
- The first step is acceptance. Accept that you feel different. Stare it in the face. This step will help you to gain clarity.
- Step two is to start learning. Explore what fulfills you. Think about what you would do to start dreaming again. You may need to invest a bit into yourself to really dive in.
- Now it’s time to put it to work. You can still dream, but start testing your findings. You’ll need courage for this step. Courage comes before confidence.
- Now it’s time to trade. You’re going to change this new thing for the life you had before. Try it and see if this is right for you.
Listen in to hear how these 4 steps can change your life. If you’ve been thinking about making a life change, you’re not alone. Listen to this interview with someone who has been there before and understands what you’re going through.
Connect with Lon Stroschein
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK