Do you ever wish there was a road map to financial independence? LaSean Smith has created exactly that. After working both in the corporate world and developing his own business ventures, LaSean has learned from the positives and negatives of both worlds.
In this episode of Solopreneur Money, LaSean shares his life map for a predictable path to financial independence. You won’t want to miss out on LaSean’s solid advice for attaining financial success.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- LaSean’s story [1:02]
- The type of businesses that LaSean invests in [12:03]
- LaSean’s life map [16:55]
- The money questions [31:38]
How LaSean got to where he is today
LaSean Smith’s world opened up as a young boy when he convinced his parents to buy him a computer. He quickly learned to code which opened up a wealth of opportunities. After serving in the Navy and graduating college, LaSean got his feet wet in the corporate world by working for major tech companies.
It was leaving the corporate world and striking out on his own that taught him the importance of taking a risk and staying true to himself. These days LaSean is an investor that invests in people by buying small businesses and setting up processes and talent to run them.
The life map for financial independence
Since LaSean can’t buy every business that comes his way he has created a life map for those he can’t invest in right now. These are the six pillars to his life map.
- Become valuable – Acquire skills and create experiences, then be able to articulate your interests and values to others. Know yourself and your value so that you can say no to opportunities that aren’t a good fit. Don’t model yourself as someone else.
- Build relationships – These relationships should fuel your talent stack. Get out and meet strangers. You never know when you’ll meet somebody who can unlock your professional career. Joining associations and professional groups is helpful, but try a smaller focus than typical networking. Think about how you give value to others.
- Create social proof – Create a social support structure. Listen in to hear how you can build your own personal board of directors
- Generate income – Make money by becoming a business of one. Learn how to focus on your business of one by marketing and building relationships.
- Stay liquid – Spend less than you make, get rid of bad debt, and plan your finances. After doing that buy assets that you connect with.
- Stay free – Live your values by defining what success looks like for you. Is that by giving back? Traveling the world?
Create the life you love by choosing your own adventure. These are amazing steps to helping you reach financial freedom. Press play to hear LaSean’s sage advice.
Connect with LaSean Smith
Connect With Gabe Nelson
- BOOK – The Solopreneur’s Money Manifesto by Gabe Nelson
- FREE Downloadable Resources at https://www.gabenelsonfinancial.com/resources/
- EMAIL: Gabe (at) GabeNelsonFinancial.com
- Follow Gabe on LinkedIn
- Follow Gabe on Twitter: @GabeNelsonCFP
- Follow Gabe on Facebook
- Follow Gabe on Instagram: @GabeNelsonCFP
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK